Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My big day.

So today was a big day for a few of reasons.



1. I registered for school!
Finally my paperwork went through and I was able to register for school. I don't think I've been more excited this entire time that I've been here. The principal was extremely nice and even though I couldn't understand him, he was still very curious about America and my reasons for coming here. Even though we're not supposed to be able to choose our track I made sure the principal knew that I hate science and wanted to be on a history track so hopefully that will help. For anyone who doesn't know what a “track” is, it's basically like a path you take throughout high school. For instance if I had chosen the science track I'd be taking chemistry, physics, biology, and some math classes. Because I told him I wanted to be on a history track, those classes include languages, writing, history, and other stuff along that line. I really hope I'm on history track otherwise school is going to be way more difficult for me than I was already planning.



2. I was able to see one of my friends from the Barcelona trip. She came with me to register for school and it was really good to see her even though I don't know her that well, because it was really nice to have a conversation where I understood her and she understood me. I'm very happy she's going to be in my school so if all else fails and I can't seem to make any Spanish friends, I know I'll have a friend somewhere in my school.



3.I finally was able to gather up enough hunger to eat three whole meals making my host mom very happy. The food here is so different from back home and while I do miss good ol' junk food I'm growing very accustomed to the meals made here. It's a little weird that most meals I have no idea what's in them and I have no idea whether or not I'll like them but I guess that's all part of the experience. So far I've been good and eating the food whether I like it or not.



Wish me luck on my first day of school!
-Libby

P.S. I found an ice cream stand right next to my house. That's going to have to become a regular stop on my way home from school 

No comments:

Post a Comment