Monday, September 19, 2011

First day with my host family.

So let me just start out by saying that yesterday and today were by far the two most difficult days of my life.Signing up for this I knew that things were going to be hard but living in a completely new town with a completely new family speaking a language that I'm pretty terrible at surpasses anything I've ever believed to be challenging or difficult. I think part of the reason it's been so difficult is because of the terrible feeling of being alone in this new situation. Up until now for the past two days I haven't had any internet access so whenever I'm in my room all I have is me and my thoughts which often lead to me panicking. I want to say that I'm having the time of my life right now but that wouldn't be telling the truth. I'm torn between wanting to come home where I have friends and a family who understand me and wanting to stay here and keep trying to learn the language and culture. It's sad but the only thing really keeping me here is the fact that coming here took me almost a week and I don't want to go through that again. I know it's going to be worth it in the end and that I just have to stick it out but I really wish there was just someone familiar here. 

On the upside, yesterday I was able to navigate a train system in Spanish. I ordered food got on the correct trains and made it out in time which was scary but pretty fun. The trains here are much nicer than in America. America really needs to get their act together and start working on a better train system because it's so much nicer than flying everywhere. I was able to get from one end of the country to the other in 7 hours which didn't even matter because the trains were so nice and the view was so amazing I could have stayed on that train all day. 

Well since I started writing this post the family has returned from wherever they were (I honestly can't understand half of what they're saying) and I think I should probably get off the computer. Sorry if this post was a little depressing I am happy that I'm here it's just really hard when you feel like you're alone and if anything goes wrong you feel like you have to no one to talk to. For instance today I thought I was getting sick and I knew I couldn't tell the mother because she would've taken me to the doctor or well that's what the guy from Interhispania said. But aside from every challenging thing that's been going on I know that once school starts I'll hopefully start making friends and settle into a routine.

Hasta luegooo
-Libby

P.S. Still working on the picture situation. They take forever to upload and because I only have internet in the basement I feel like it's  burden to use it. I'll work on it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment