Saturday, September 17, 2011

Last day in Barcelona

Today was my last day in Barcelona because tomorrow I will finally be meeting my host family!! For anyone who doesn't know, The family consists of a mom who is a stay at home mom, a dad who is an engineer, and two sisters ages 16 and 19. The 19 year old sister will be in college but visiting on the weekends. The 16 year old is obviously my age and will be attending my school which is nice. Today, as expected, was mostly just orientation. This was actually very useful because it taught us more about the culture and the day to day lifestyle of the people in Cadiz and Jerez de la frontera. After orientation we got to see more of Barcelona which was very nice because it gave me the opportunity to take a lot of pictures and try and practice Spanish on some of the locals. While most people think that people in Barcelona only speak Catalan they actually are for the most part bilingual so they'll speak in both Catalan and Spanish fluently. It's really interesting to hear a conversation between two locals because sentences will often be a mix of Spanish and Catalan.

Tomorrow I have to be out of the hostel by 10 but my train isn't till 3 so I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing in between them but it doesn't matter because by tomorrow night I'll be with my host family :) Besides excited, I'm also very nervous about meeting my host family only because I know so little about them. I'm hopefully starting school on Monday but I still have to find out my classes so I probably won't be going to actual school until Tuesday. Another thing that I'm looking forward to yet very nervous about. Everything here is happening so fast and I love it :)

P.S. I've gotten a lot of questions about my lost guitar and I did end up retrieving it so no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment