Friday, December 23, 2011

And the grades are in!!

So..
I thought I'd write a short little post about my final grades for the trimester. Before I reveal anything though, you need to know a few things.

  1. Grades only go 1-10 so don't be shocked when you see the low numbers. Also it's not like 1 translates to 10 and 10 to 100. I would say anywhere from 8-10 is an A 6-7, B 4-5, C 2-3 D 0-1 F.
  2. In my school anyway, instead of getting points taken off from a ten, you have to earn points starting at 0. Obviously this is same thing mathematically but because there is no partial credit my grades tend to be lower than they should.
  3. Remember that all my classes are in Spanish so my grades are much lower than they would be in English.
  4. 5 is a passing grade. I'll warn you right now I did fail 3 classes.

So starting out at the top of the list is...

Gym: 8!! While I did fail every single one of my dance tests my badmitten skills came through for me.

Literature : 8. I'm actually so proud of this grade because obviously reading books in Spanish is significantly harder than in English.

Science: 4. I have no idea how I failed this class. We've done three things this trimester. There was one project which I got an 8 on and then two tests which I scored a 4 on the first and a 6 on the second. I'm pretty sure those three grades would average to a passing grade but....I guess not.....

Philosophy: 6. This grade doesn't really count considering I didn't take the first test which would give me an automatic 0. I think the teacher decided just to be nice and not count it on the final grade.

English: 10. What a surprise..

History: 6. I love my history teacher. She gave me an extra point on my last test just for being an exchange student.

Economy: 4. So close, so close. Maybe next trimester.

Math: 2..... no comment.....

French: 7. Je peux parler francais!!

Art: 7. After 14 weeks I finally turned in my tree project. Every week I thought I was done but my teacher just kept adding more. I guess he thought my tree was good enough to pass though, which if you saw my tree, you'd understand why I'm a little shocked.

Well that's it.
Hopefully next trimester I can do a little better

Especially in math.....
Dios mio...

Adiosss

1 comment: